Experience Counts When Your Life & Future Depend On It.
A car accident can be a very traumatic and frightening experience. Regardless of whether it is just a fender-bender or a serious collision with personal injuries, there are so many things to consider to ensure you are protected.
For over 33 years, Michael Freedman and his firm has provided quality and personal legal representation to injured victims of motor vehicle accidents throughout Baltimore, the state of Maryland and beyond.
How we fight for you
We assist in property damage recovery and car rental, (no fee), personal injury protection distribution, assuring appropriate medical care, recovering lost wages, handling reimbursement of Medicare payments, maintaining a no out of pocket fee policy and, of course, aggressively pursuing the best recovery possible has been the hallmark of the Firm’s representation.
Having handled thousands of cases Michael is able to properly evaluate a case, based on factors, including but not limited to, liability, property damage, present injury and any permanent disablement , medical bills, loss of wages and pain and suffering. Should an acceptable settlement offer not be forthcoming, the firm is prepared and highly qualified to litigate the claim. The firm NEVER receives any fee if there is no recovery and there is NEVER a charge for a consultation. A family owned and operated car accident lawyer Baltimore based with offices in Owings Mills and Glen Burnie, the firm is convenient to all injury victims from Maryland and surrounding states.
If you were injured in an auto accident and were not at fault or contributorily negligent, you are entitled to the following from the at fault parties insurance carrier:
- Property damage payment or the book value if your car is totaled (costs more to repair than book value).
- Car rental reimbursement while your car is being repaired or until a total damage settlement has been reached.
- A single monetary recovery for your personal injury claim based upon medical bills, length of treatment, injury sustained, permanent disability, and general pain and suffering.
- There is a statutory cap on "pain and suffering" in the amount of $665,000.00 (2005/2006) which increases $15,000 on October First of each succeeding year. You may, however, in addition, also recover for past and future medical bills as well as past and future lost earnings. If there are two or more claimants or beneficiaries, an award for noneconomic damages may not exceed 150% of the above limitation, regardless of the number of claimants or beneficiaries.
In the meantime do the following:
- Obtain names and address of witnesses.
- Call the police - if they won't write a complete report at least get their name, badge and phone for future reference.
- If you think the location of your car and the point of impact is important don't move your car until the police come so they can verify locations.
- Get as much information as you can from the other driver.
- The single most important item is the tag number as we can get any other information from the tag.
- Take photos of car damage (both cars if possible) and accident sites including skid marks.
- Notify your insurance carrier and request PIP (personal injury protection) forms.
Related Information from our Blog:
There are many instances where an employee causes a car accident or an injury to another while they are working. It could be that...
If you’ve suffered injuries due to a car accident in Maryland, there are a few factors to consider when calculating the amount you may receive for compensation...
Free Legal Analysis
If you have been injured or involved in an accident, contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Available 24 hours / 7 days a week - use our form or call us at: 410-363-6848 for a free consultation.
100% Privacy: We never sell or share your information with anyone.
The Law Office Of Michael A. Freedman P.A., has offices in Owings Mills, Maryland and Glen Burnie. We serve clients in and around Maryland including Baltimore, Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Towson, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Glen Burnie, Pikesville, Parkville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Riderwood, Elkridge,Columbia, Towson, Silver Spring, Glen Burnie , Annapolis, Rockville, Langley Park, Fells Point, Harbor East., Baltimore County and Baltimore City.