Hiring the right lawyer is critical to protect your rights and maximize your compensation.
Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can be a very traumatic and frightening experience. Regardless of whether it is just a fender-bender or a serious collision with personal injuries, there are so many things to consider to ensure you are protected.
For over 35 years, Michael Freedman and his firm has provided quality and personal legal representation to injured victims of motor vehicle accidents throughout Baltimore, the state of Maryland and beyond.
How we fight for you
We assist in property damage recovery and car rental (no fee), personal injury protection distribution (no fee), assuring appropriate medical care, recovering lost wages, handling reimbursement of Medicare payments, maintaining a “no out of pocket” fee policy and, of course, aggressively pursuing the best recovery possible. These have been the hallmark of the firm’s representation throughout the years.
Having handled thousands of cases, we are able to properly evaluate a case, based on factors, including but not limited to, liability, property damage, present injury and any permanent disablement , medical bills, loss of wages and pain and suffering. Should an acceptable settlement offer not be forthcoming, the firm is prepared and highly qualified to litigate the claim. The firm NEVER receives any fee if there is no recovery and there is NEVER a charge for a consultation. A family owned and operated law firm with offices in Owings Mills and Glen Burnie, we’re convenient to all injury victims from Maryland and surrounding states.
If you have suffered an injury due to a motor vehicle accident, call us. Our team of auto accident specialists help protect your rights and get maximum compensation for your case. Whether your case settles or is headed to court, it is in your best interest to talk to one of our attorneys as soon as possible. We aggressively pursue your compensation claims, so you can focus on recovery.
If you were injured in an auto accident and were not at fault or contributorily negligent, you are entitled to the following from the at fault parties insurance carrier:
- Property damage payment or the book value if your car is totaled (costs more to repair than book value).
- Car rental reimbursement while your car is being repaired or until a total damage settlement has been reached.
- A single monetary recovery for your personal injury claim based upon medical bills, length of treatment, injury sustained, permanent disability, and general pain and suffering.
- There is a statutory cap on “pain and suffering” (non-economic damages) in the amount of $770,000.00 which increases $15,000 each year on October 1. You may, however, in addition, also recover for past and future medical bills as well as past and future lost earnings. If there are two or more claimants or beneficiaries, an award for non-economic damages may not exceed 150% of the above limitation, regardless of the number of claimants or beneficiaries.
In the meantime do the following:
- Obtain names and address of witnesses.
- Call the police – if they won’t write a complete report at least get their name, badge and phone for future reference.
- If you think the location of your car and the point of impact is important don’t move your car until the police come so they can verify locations.
- Get as much information as you can from the other driver.
- The single most important item is the tag number as we can get any other information from the tag.
- Take photos of car damage (both cars if possible) and accident sites including skid marks.
- Notify your insurance carrier and request PIP (personal injury protection) forms.